Provide care to emergency and non-emergency patients; maintain a good working relationship with all customer groups and agencies.
Restores and promotes patient’s health in proving life support and transport of sick and injured persons in and out of hospital settings as authorized by established medical protocol or a physician; operating an emergency vehicles; activating and collaborating with emergency medical systems and working to assure the accomplishment of MEMS’ goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of pre-hospital emergency medical protocols, procedures, and treatments
- Knowledge of geography of service area and ability to read map
- Ability to make accurate assessment, develop plan, and respond quickly
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations
- Ability to present caring and professional image
- Frequently lifts 110+ pounds. Carrying and lifting stretchers with and without patients.
- Pushing, pulling and carrying various medical equipment, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, bending, twisting, lifting, walking, running.
- Driving, using 2-way radio and other devices.
- Ability to work outdoors in wet, dry, hot, and cold (even below freezing) weather
- Respirator use may be required on occasion.
- Hearing by audiometric testing that demonstrates no worse than a moderate loss of hearing in one ear or no more than a mild loss of hearing in both ears.
- Requires corrected or uncorrected vision 20/20 in each eye & with both eyes together.
- Arkansas Certification
- National Registered
- American Heart BLS Level C
- One year experience EMS
- Arkansas driver’s license with record acceptable to insurance carrier
TRAINING (MEMS PARAMEDIC SCHOOL)
Paramedic school consists of 8 months of college level education that will help you pass your National and State exams. Eligible candidates for the MEMS Paramedic School must be current full-time EMTs with MEMS.
Every quarter, field crew will be able to bid for shifts and stations.
- Little Rock
- North Little Rock
- North Pulaski
- Grant County
To see our service map, click here.
Medical Insurance: Employee only coverage starts at $36 per pay period.
Dental and Vision: MEMS pays 100% of employee only premium.
Retirement Plan: 401(a) and 457 Plans with generous match.
Life Insurance: $50,000 basic life policy at no cost.
Disability Insurance: Long-term disability coverage paid by MEMS.
Other available benefits:
- Uniform allowance
- Generous PTO plan
- Onsite fitness center
- Employee Assistance Program
- Smoking cessation support
- Supplemental life insurance and short-term disability insurance at group rates