The Operations Technician supports the purchasing and supply department by receiving and stocking medical supplies and equipment. They also support Operations by stocking, cleaning, washing and readying ambulances for daily use. Other duties will include maintaining inventory accuracy through data entry and physical inventory accounting, shipping & receiving, issuing of other medical supplies and equipment.
- Issue required supplies and equipment to ambulance crews and insure proper return
- Restock ambulances and stockroom with supplies
- Wash and wax the exterior, clean and disinfect the interior, and fuel ambulances to ready them for daily use; jockey vehicles as needed
- Pick up, decontaminate and redistribute equipment
- Inspect, clean and repair medical equipment
- Ensure proper safeguarding of equipment
- Maintain complete and accurate inventory and assets records
- Maintain stock levels at outlying stations; order and deliver supplies as needed to/from vendors and MEMS locations
- Provide support in the event of an MCI or natural disaster
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to manage time in the absence of direct oversight
- Knowledge of geography of service area and ability to read a map
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Ability to present an efficient and professional demeanor
- Ability to work with computers and accurately enter data
- High school diploma or equivalent
- First Responder course desirable
- American Heart BLS Level C preferred
- Valid driver's license and acceptable MVR
- Schedule is full time and hours follow a regular rotation, including some weekends and holidays
- Occasional overtime may be required
- Work performed will be a combination of indoor and outdoor and the Ops Tech is frequently exposed to extreme weather conditions
- Employee will be required, from time to time, to lift and/or move up to 110+ pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing- no worse than a moderate loss of hearing in one ear or no more than a mild loss of hearing in both ears.
Supply Techs work at MEMS headquarters in Little Rock.
Medical Insurance: Employee only coverage starts at $24 per pay period.
Dental and Vision: MEMS pays 100% of employee only premium.
Retirement Plan: 401(a) and 457 Plans with generous match.
Life Insurance: $50,000 basic life policy at no cost.
Disability Insurance: Long-term disability coverage paid by MEMS.
Other available benefits:
- Uniform allowance
- Generous PTO plan
- Onsite fitness center
- Employee Assistance Program
- Smoking cessation support
- Supplemental life insurance and short-term disability insurance at group rates