EMT-B Training (Rookie School)
Through a partnership with South Arkansas Community College, MEMS is able to offer college level training at our headquarters facility. MEMS EMT-B training, otherwise known as Rookie School, is usually held twice each year as staffing needs occur. Classes and deadlines to apply will be announced prior to the anticipated start date.
You must meet the following minimum requirements in order to receive consideration for the MEMS EMT Rookie School:
- Possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license
- Meet age requirement as defined by MEMS automobile insurance carrier, currently at age 19
- Must have an acceptable driving record as defined by MEMS automobile insurance carrier and provide a Motor Vehicle Record from the Department of Finance and Administration
- Must be physically fit based on a Physical Agility Test, based on job specifics
- Must take the Accuplacer test, consisting of Writing, Reading and Elementary Algebra
- Must be admissible to SACC
- Must pass a drug test
- Must have pass a criminal background check from the Arkansas State Police Headquarters
Suitable and qualified candidates are selected for Rookie School and are paid an hourly rate while going through our full-time, eight week in-house EMT training. After successful completion and obtaining an Arkansas State and National License students are extended full-time employment and are eligible to bid for a full-time shift and be a part of an ambulance crew.
Licensed EMT’s, with no experience, receive a starting base annual salary of $30,000 with full benefits (Hourly rate is calculated based on shifts assigned).
If you would like to be considered for Rookie School and have questions or need assistance completing the online application, please feel free to contact MEMS HR Department at 501.301.1468 or email@example.com.